Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Brief Introduction

My name is Elizabeth Panahi (but please feel free to call me Ellie) and I'm a junior at Indiana University. I'm double majoring in Near Eastern Languages and Cultures (with an Arabic language track) and International Studies (with a thematic concentration of Global Health and Environment) and am minoring in French. I recently returned to the U.S. after spending a semester studying abroad in Cairo, and I never expected to miss living in the Middle East as much as I do right now. After all, it is not easy to live in such a politically and economically unstable area, especially as a woman. However, living in Egypt during these tumultuous yet significant years since the revolution has exposed me to different political views and ideologies concerning the Middle East, which is the main reason why I am so interested in taking this class: I want learn more about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and how it undeniably affects the stability of the entire region. I look forward to communicating with and learning from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment